Goal of the exercise: To learn to recognize the words and their meaning, to learn what is violence and what is not and to see what children think about it.
Age of participants: 14-17 years old
Number of participants: 10
Duration: 30 minutes
Materials: paper and pens
Step by step
- Put 20 papers on which are written words associated with violence or non violence on the floor.
- Every participant has to take few of them and put them on the wall where it’s written, “its violent” and “its not violent”.
- After all the papers are stick on the wall the trainers start a discussion.
Associated with violence:
Associated with non-violence:
- Do you think the violence is very present in our society?
- Why did you associate these words with violence or non-violence?
Authorship/adaptation or source: unknown source, adapted by Association PEL