Goal of the exercise: To show the differences of the other person and to teach the participants to respect them.
Age of the participants: 14-17 years old
Number of participants: 10 and more
Duration of the exercise: 30 minutes
Materials: paper and pen
Step by step
- Split the participants in couples.
- Every couple has a task to write down few differences from their partner and talk about how the other is reacting on these differences.
- Give the participants time as much as they need, since it is important for them to discuss and discover more.
- Than all couples present their differences in front of the group and share how they accept the differences and manage them.
- The trainers should take actions in showing the meaning of the differences that exist in every part of us, in every part of the world.
- Do you think differences are important? Why?
- Do you easily accept differences?
- Does it matter if your friends are different from you?
- Are there some differences that can prevent you from being friend with somebody? If yes, which ones and why?
Authorship/adaptation or source: unknown source, adapted by Association PEL