Goal of the exercise: To show different types of solving problems, different ways of handling with a conflict situation. Through examples of everyday life, the participants should show how they would react in a particular situation and in the same time what the other participants think about that reaction.
Age of the participants: 14-17 years old
Number of the participants: 18
Duration of the exercise: 1 hour
Step by step
- Divide the group in 3 smaller groups with 6 members in each group.
- Every group will get one paper in which is written the conflict situation.
- The groups should make theater according to the conflict situation they got on the paper and then they should present a solution they came up with in the group.
- After each theater play, the other two groups are evaluating the solutions and share how they would react if they were in their position.
Type of scenes
- Making jokes in front of the other pupils
- What do you think about this game?
- Did you learn something? If yes, what?
- Was it easier for you to come up with a solution in a group? Why?
- In a conflict situation, do we usually react as we think we would?
Authorship/adaptation or source: unknown source, adapted by Association PEL