Goals of the exercise: to find out how different the ways of communication are, how differently people listen or react to certain ways of communication
Age of the participants: 10+
Number of participants: 30
Duration of the exercise: 30 minutes
Materials: Duplo chocolate
Step by step
- Create two groups.
- One group gets a Duplo (or another chocolate bar) per participant, with the order not to give it away or divide it in any way.
- The second group gets the task to try and persuade the first group members to give them their Duplo.
Everything is allowed except physical violence, insults and personal verbal abuse.
- What was your task?
- Who managed to complete the assignment?
- What was it like not to achieve anything, even with your best arguments?
- What was it like to stay hard and unyielding?
Duplos are consumed together!
Authorship/adaptation or source: Tilo Brenner, „Cool bleiben statt zuschlagen“, 2002, revised by B. Sinapius